Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving in Milan

Arrived in Milan yesterday afternoon! Here with Becca and her friend Angela who's studying at Universita Catocolica ...something.  She took us on a mini tour of her school yesterday and then took us out for coffee in an adorable Italian cafe.  We had marocchinos (expresso with a little bit of milk and chocolate...so delicious!)  and met a model.  For Thanksgiving dinner we had three fabulous pizzas made from a local shop near Angela's apartment.  The guys who own the pizzeria are Arabic and made our pizzas right in front of us! It was really neat. Not exactly Thanksgiving dinner, but sorry fam, perfect thin-crust pesto, speck, and vegetable covered pizzas sort of replaced stuffing, turkey, and mashed potatoes.  (And I definitely did NOT miss the canned cranberry sauce).

1 comment:

  1. No worries, I ate a whole can of it all by myself in your honor! By the way, what is your moleskine notebook? I have never seen something like this but when I picture it I think of Harry's care of magical creatures book that had teeth and tried to bite him!

    ReplyDelete